Shoulder Pain Treatment
Many people experience shoulder pain; it may be caused by accidents or a variety of other painful conditions. Shoulder pain is often so severe that you have a hard time lifting your arm and doing everyday things like combing your hair and getting dressed.
Our team at South Bay Wellness Center provide the chiropractic care you need to regain movement without pain.
What is Causing Your Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain can often be difficult to diagnose because the shoulder is made up of several joints, tendons, and muscles. So, there could be many different things combined causing the pain and reduction in the range of motion.
Some of the main causes of pain typically fall into several different categories.
- Tendinitis: Tendons connect the muscle to the bone. Tendinitis occurs when the tendon becomes inflamed. It can be acute or chronic. One of the most common types of tendinitis occurs in the rotator cuff where there are four tendons. Tendinitis can be very painful requiring treatment.
- Bursitis: Bursae are fluid-filled sacs found in the shoulder and other areas. They provide a cushion between bones and soft tissue making movement more comfortable. Excessive movement/use can cause swelling and inflammation of the bursae. This is often found in the rotator cuff which can become inflamed and painful.
- Tendon Tears: Torn tendons can result from injury or degenerative changes in the tendons most often due to age, overuse, wear and tear and injury. They can separate from the bone causing pain.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a common cause of shoulder pain. Osteoarthritis is the most common cause of shoulder pain. Symptoms can include pain, stiffness, and swelling. It usually starts in middle age and become more painful over time. Those with arthritis often lessen shoulder movement, but this can lead to the tightening of soft tissues and the join, making it more painful and reduced motion.
- Fractures: Fractures are just broken bones. Fractures are painful and cause swelling and bruising. Most common fractures occur to the collarbone, upper arm bone, and shoulder blade. In older patients we see most fractures caused by falls, in younger patients, they are usually due to sports injuries and accidents.
Let South Bay Wellness Center Help!
If you are having shoulder pain, contact our chiropractors at South Bay Wellness Center located at 1066 Saratoga Avenue, Suite 120-A in San Jose. We proudly serve the chiropractic needs of patients in San Jose, Campbell, Cupertino, and Santa Clara areas. Call our team today at 408-244-6555 or make an appointment online.