Effective Headache & Migraine Treatment in San Jose
You’re in agony, in a darkened room, with no sound. Your throbbing head feels as though it is splitting in half and you’re nauseous, maybe even vomiting. You have a migraine and you just want the pain to go away…and never come back. At South Bay Wellness Center, we can help!
What Causes Migraine Headaches?
There are many triggers – the most common are:
- Foods, including alcohol, aged cheese, caffeine, chocolate, artificial sweeteners and seasonings (MSG)
- Hormonal changes, related to a drop in estrogen levels, which may occur before a woman’s monthly period. Birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy can also trigger migraines
- Too much/too little sleep
- Weather changes or changes in time zone or altitude
- External factors, such as bright lights, certain smells (perfume) or second-hand smoke
Dr. Ebadat Offers An Effective, Natural Solution
A number of research studies have examined the effects of chiropractic care on the frequency, intensity and duration of migraine headaches. One such study, conducted for six months at the Chiropractic Research Center of Macquarie University in Australia, involved 177 participants who had migraine headaches for an average of 18 years.
The results of the study were impressive; most of the participants experienced positive outcomes. Seventy-two percent had substantial reduction or noticeable improvement in their symptoms, including a drop in the frequency, intensity and duration of their migraines, and a decreased need for their migraine medications.